The Code Compliance Office for the City of Daingerfield is a department responsible for ensuring that buildings, structures, and land use within a community adhere to the established building codes, zoning regulations, and other applicable laws. The primary purpose of a Code Compliance Office is to promote and enforce safety, health, and welfare standards in construction and development activities.
1. **Building Codes:** The office oversees compliance with building codes, which are a set of regulations specifying standards for the design, construction, and maintenance of structures. These codes are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of the public.
2. **Zoning Regulations:** Code compliance officers enforce zoning regulations that dictate how land can be used within specific areas. Zoning laws help maintain a balance between residential, commercial, industrial, and recreational areas.
3. **Permitting:** The office is often responsible for issuing permits for various construction and development activities. This includes building permits, electrical permits and plumbing permits. Proper permitting ensures that projects meet legal and safety requirements.
4. **Inspections:** Code compliance officers conduct inspections of buildings and construction sites to verify that work is being done in accordance with approved plans and complies with applicable codes and regulations. Inspections are done for the City of Daingerfield by licensed professionals.
5. **Code Enforcement:** When violations are identified, the Code Compliance Office is responsible for taking appropriate enforcement actions. This may involve issuing warnings, fines, or stop-work orders until the issues are addressed.
6. **Food Safety:** The Food Safty Division of Code Compliance is responsible for the permitting and inspection process of all food service establishments within the city limits. All food serviece establishments are required to obtain a food service permit. Routine inspections of food service establishments will normally be conducted 1-2 times a year. Food servcie establishments are required to have at least one certified food manager on staff.
The goal of a Code Compliance Office is to create and maintain a built environment that is safe, functional, and conducive to the well-being of the community while respecting property rights and individual freedoms within the bounds of the law.
101 Linda Drive Daingerfield, TX 75638
903-645-3906 ext. 9