The City Secretary is the local official who maintains the integrity of the election process, ensures transparency and access to city records, facilitates the city’s legislative process, acts as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes, and is the recorder and preserver of local government history. The City Secretary is a statutory position each city in Texas is required to have by law. Below is a summary of many of the duties preformed.
- Chief Elections Officer
- Records Management Officer
- Public Information Requests
- Oversees publication and posting of legal notices
- City Council Meetings-Agendas, Packets, Minutes
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Prepare reports on civic needs
- Notary Public (offical City documents only)
101 Linda Drive Daingerfield, TX 75638